Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11, 2008

Hello family,

I’m sorry for not having written this week. We had meetings early and had to go to capital so I was only able to send off a few emails.

The office life is going great! I’m adjusting very well and really enjoy getting to know all the missionaries and the President better. The transition is still a little rough at times. I feel like going out and doing normal mission work but then I just have to remember what the Lord called me to do and depend on him.

We just finished all of the zone conferences for the transfer and now we are doing all of the meetings with the stake presidents in the area and the interviews for the missionaries. We go with the President to do them all. I have an area to work in but I’ve been in the offices for almost four weeks and have yet to step foot in my area… maybe someday.

My companion is a great Elder and assistant and I am learning a lot from him. I’m having to re-learn all the skills I once had such as driving, eating politely, counting, speaking English and other simple skills learned in 1st grade.

No real stories as of yet.

The mission is still improving as a whole and we are working very hard to see that the growth continues. Oh yes, we threw a surprise birthday party for the mission president and his wife! It was excellent. Elder Steele the mission secretary made an excellent cake, and we all ordered ice cream. It was lots of fun.

Anyways, I love you all, thanks for your support and prayers!

Elder Kelly
Misión Buenos Aires Oeste

No comments: